Monday, November 17, 2008
My Group Presentation - Sex and the City
For my presentation, my group did Sex and the City, and rocked it, might I add. We broke up the presentation in different ways, and my section was to talk about Entourage and its parallels to Sex and the City. I brought in three clips from You-tube. One being an Entourage clip where the guys are making fun of Eric in never having unemotional sex, and the other two on Sex and the City where Samantha does not want to hold her man's hand, and where the girls openly talk about sex. I felt like all of these clips were correct depictions of the shows because they showed each character in their own light. It showed how each group of friends interacted with each other and how the stereotypes of men and woman are maintained and broken. The notion that women are more verbal and co-operative and men have multiple partners and don't verbalize emotions that much is proven with these two shows, and I would say that the class got a good discussion out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment