So, here we go again. My final year at CSUN, and i certainly hope that all goes according to plan; that is to pass my classes with no complications! I am not an English major, however I still have much respect for the subject and those who are majoring in it. While English fascinates me, my passion is producing television, which is my major. Sometimes television goes hand in hand with English, which brings me to my next point. In Barker, it is mentioned that the families in the American sitcom, problems are always solved in a caring manner with love and peace. Cantor argues, “domestic drama on American television is primarily a morality play about how we should live.” I do not necessarily think this is true. Honestly, producers do not want to teach the American audience how to live, but rather they spend their time strategizing and questioning how to make the most money they can off their show. The answer is a good drama and a heart- warming script. That is why shows either end in a dramatic way or with problems solved in a caring manner with love and peace. We, as an audience, respond to that very well because we wish that our lives could be that simple and heart-warming. Therefore, I conclude with the notion that television producers really don’t care how we live or our morality.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
First Week's Thoughts and Feelings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment